This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 6 weeks (Week 1 of class is a mandatory Puppy Parent Orientation for humans only)
Fee: $200 per dog (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $180)
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age at the start of the first class (no exceptions) and have received their first two DA2PP (aka DHLPP or DHP) vaccinations and a wellness check by a veterinarian. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either our Adolescent Manners 1 or Adult Manners 1 classes.
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8 puppies
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Tuesday, June 18 - July 23, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Rachel: Sorry, registration is now closed.
- Sundays, June 23 - August 4 (skips July 7), 3:00 - 4:00 pm with Lilly: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Tuesdays July 2 - August 6, 4:00 - 5:00 pm with Amelia: Register now, 1 seat remaining.
- Wednesdays, July 3 - August 7, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Shoshi: Register now, 3 seats remaining.
- Sundays, July 7 - August 11, 3:30 : 4:30 pm with Marie: Register now, 3 seats remaining.
- Saturdays, July 27 - August 31, 12:30 : 1:30 pm with Marie: Register now.
Classes full or want some additional socialization? Consider attending Puppy Playgroup! These one-time playgroups offer valuable socialization and teach impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above link for details.